In this Troubleshooting guide, we will show you a step-by-step process of How to Fix Kenmore Dishwasher not Spraying Water.
Kenmore Dishwasher not Spraying Water
If your Kenmore dishwasher is not spraying water, there are several possible causes and troubleshooting steps to try:
1. Check water supply: Ensure that the water supply valve to the dishwasher is fully open. Sometimes, it may accidentally be partially closed or shut off.
2. Check water inlet valve: The water inlet valve controls the flow of water into the dishwasher. If it is faulty or clogged, it may not allow water to enter the dishwasher. You can try cleaning the valve or replacing it if necessary.
3. Check the spray arm: The spray arm is responsible for distributing water throughout the dishwasher. If it is blocked or damaged, it may not spin properly and spray water. Remove the spray arm and check for any clogs or obstructions. Clean or replace the spray arm if needed.
4. Check the filter: The filter in the dishwasher prevents large food particles from clogging the spray arm and other components. If the filter is dirty or clogged, it can restrict water flow. Remove the filter and clean it thoroughly.
5. Inspect the pump and motor: The dishwasher’s pump and motor are responsible for circulating water. If they are faulty, the dishwasher may not spray water. You can try running a diagnostic cycle to check for any error codes related to the pump or motor. If necessary, consult a professional technician to repair or replace these components.
6. Check the wash impeller: The wash impeller is a small plastic blade that helps propel water through the dishwasher. If it is worn out or damaged, it may not create enough pressure to spray water. Inspect the wash impeller and replace it if required.
If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, it may be best to contact a professional technician for further assistance in diagnosing and fixing the problem with your Kenmore dishwasher.